Monday, September 17, 2012

Just a Typical Monday Morning

Today is a typical weekday in my new routine, at least I am hoping it is what typical will look like for the next  four months or so. I woke up at 5:30 AM, then hit snooze 3 times, finally getting up at 5:54 ish. I threw on my yoga pants and climbed on the exercise bike with my Kindle Fire. I only rode 3.25 miles this morning, but I was still pretty happy-it's the first time I have gotten on it in a week and a half of having a cold. I was only up to 4.5 miles beforehand, so I am getting there...slowly. I showered and threw on some jeans and tee-shirt, and then breakfast was ready upstairs. One egg over-easy, one piece of sourdough toast and coffee with Creme Brulee creamer was waiting for me on the table. With the exception of some weekend mornings, Barrett makes breakfast each morning before he showers and goes to work. I love our routine!  After breakfast, I reminded Matthew to grab his lunch, and then walked down our driveway to wait for his bus. Max (our new German Shepherd puppy) followed me out to do his business, and Matthew and I talked about how much we love Fall. The trees on the hillside we face are turning yellow, red, brown and orange, and a few Maple trees on our property are dropping huge red and yellow leaves. Gorgeous!

After a few minutes with my love, Barrett left for work, and I directed Isaiah through making his bed, cleaning up his breakfast plate, and straightening up his room. Then, he proceeded to play with some of Matthew's new toys from his birthday party yesterday-I told him he could if he was very careful. He loves the new remote-control helicopter. Right now, he is watching a Baby Einstein movie which I thought he had grown out of, but he likes the ones that have all the animals and music...actually great for his attention span! :)

Planned for today is a trip to the park with Isaiah and Max which will include a walk around the path there (maybe I'll grab Isaiah's bike), him playing on the playground, and a visit down to the river. Lunch is hot dogs, and I also plan to read to Zay a bit today and get some laundry done. Later today we have Matt's soccer practice. This week I have to ferry Isaiah to Heidi for a visit to the dentist, have a Yoga date with one girlfriend, and lunch with another, a play-date with Isaiah, and a lunch visit with Barrett on Friday including a visit to Lane Community College to see where my two Fall classes are. This weekend, Greg has the boys, but we still see them at their two soccer games, and I am hoping for a date night with my hubby on Friday or Saturday night. I will also be researching the Dominican Republic, because we are considering an all-inclusive vacation this coming Spring there. (Look it up, it sounds bad, but it's actually a tourist hot spot with gorgeous resorts and beaches...for like half the price of Hawaii).

This is my life as I know it right now. I hope this post hasn't bored you too much. I am enjoying the slower pace to my days without work, without rush in the morning, and without a ton of added stress. I get to cook, and clean (which I usually don't mind too much), read and blog, and play with my little son. I feel really lucky and incredibly blessed with this typical day and life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment