Tuesday, September 25, 2012

1st Day of School

It's my first day at Lane Community College, and so far, I am not amused. The school had sent email alerts to be here early for classes the first week because the parking fills up very quickly, aka they have not nearly enough parking for a community college their size! So, my first class is at ten, but I have been here since 8:30. Which means Max has to be in his crate extra long while I hang out in my car, just to ensure a parking spot. Grrrr!!!! Yes, that is me growling. On I-5 there were even signs about how traffic may be stopped at the college exit, and it's no joke. Sure enough, after being here just 30 minutes, the lot around me has totally filled. It must be said that I am a nervous driver. When there are too many cars around me or traffic has come to a halt, my heart triples in time, I get light-headed, and I get nauseous-probably my own self induced version of an anxiety attack (which I have never, in any other situations experienced).

That brings me to the reason I chose Lane. I am hoping to go here for nursing, but I have been to and am much more familiar with Linn Benton Community College in Albany. Theoretically, Eugene is now closer to our new house. But non theoretically I can tell you it took me a full 30 minutes to get here today, and that's exactly how long it takes to get to LBCC. I even enrolled there first but then dropped. Why? Well, Barrett works in Springfield (which is about 15 minutes from here), and I have an hour and forty minutes in between my 2 classes. We had both figured now we could have lunch together twice a week. That, makes going somewhere new and the complete and utter anxiety worth it... That is until his work decides to mandate his lunch time, and now, it looks like I am probably on my own these two days that I am stuck in my most favorite city at my most favorite college, with the fantastic parking situation...(hear the sarcasm?) all by myself. And that, my dear friends, makes me very growly indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment