Monday, September 3, 2012

Survey Says: Seeking Romance

Romance is usually not a problem for the man in the relationship, sometimes his lady is even too romantic (does that even exist?), but romance is all too often something that women crave more (lots more) of. How could your significant other be more romantic? Would it improve your relationship if he/she were? Barrett goes back and forth, so there are times I have definitely had the craving for more romance, and times that I feel like that we are just fine in that area. One time, when we were dating and Barrett lived down in Springfield, I went to his condo to visit him. He had left the door unlocked, and I proceeded to follow a trail of Reese's Pieces up the stairs to a dozen red roses! What men (and women) tend to get wrong very often, is that being romantic does not always take a lot of time, effort or money. Nor does it have to be some grand affair. Without over-thinking this one, here are some of the things that have happened in my life that were among the most romantic. If you need ideas, just try one of these.

  • Put on some music and slow-dance in your kitchen, living room or bedroom.
  • Kiss in the pouring down rain.
  • Lay out on a blanket or airbed, and watch shooting stars.
  • Call your loved one and have them listen to a song that made you think of them.
  • Grab books and go read together at the beach, river, lake...wherever you find really pretty.
  • Picnic.
  • Romantic date ideas: http://www.niftydateideas.com/Pages/Romantic-Date-Ideas.html

And here's what some of you said.
Survey Question #6: Name one way your partner could be more romantic: 

  • "He could be more gentle when he touches me."
  • "Plan more date nights."
  • "He could plan a date for us."
  • "Flowers for no reason."
  • "Suggest more date nights."
  • "Flowers just because."
  • "Plan date nights. Actually put as much thought and research into planning a date as he does into his hobby." (I have to say well said on this one. Husbands indeed should not only plan dates, but put a bunch of effort into the planning as well.)
  • "Plan a night out that includes something other than a movie. And set up the babysitting. I always have to arrange that."
  • "Do something nice for me for no reason. Wash my car. Flowers."
  • "He could get dressed up for me. I am tired of the sweats and PJs after work and on weekends."
  • "He used to write me little notes. Just one liners. I miss that."
  • "Quiet time with just the two of us."
  • "Include me in his hobby without having to invite his friends along."   (Amen, sister! Say it again!)
  • "Romance me all day long."
  • "He could do spur of the moment, surprisey things."
  • "Is it weird if the answer is to be less romantic? She can go overboard at times."
  • "She can touch me for no reason."
  • "Let me know I am thought of throughout the day. Text. Email. Leave me notes."
Great ideas! Hopefully the romance will pick up for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment