Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Survey Says: The Things we Wish You'd do Without Having to be Asked

A friend of mine informed me that this question insinuates that you are not happy with your spouse, at least some of the time anyway. I found that I also had a tougher time answering this question. There isn't really anything glaringly obvious that I wish Barrett would just do, and I know that if there is something I desperately need done, I need only ask. Below were the most common or the most eye-opening responses. Enjoy, laugh, nod in agreement. And remember, there are probably things your spouse wishes you'd do as well.

Question 2: What is one thing you wish your partner would do without you having to ask?


  • "I wish she'd initiate more."
  • "Pick up his piles of stuff around the house!"
  • "Listen to me the first time-I hate having to repeat what I said."
  • "Clean the house...or at least a room."
  • "I wish she'd be more willing to be intimate with me."
  • "Touch me spontaneously."
  • "Put his dishes away."
  • "Yardwork."
  • "Take out the trash."
  • "Tell me she respects me."
  • "Take out the trash."
  • "Initiate things with me...I hate being the one who always wants her."
  • "Help with dinner."
  • "Watch the children so I can do something."
  • "Be more affectionate with me."
  • "Help plan meals."
  • "Turn his socks right side out before putting them in the laundry."
  • "Put his clothes in the laundry basket, not on the floor!"
  • "Be more romantic with me."
  • "Go to the store when we are out of something."
  • "Pay attention to how I feel."
  • "Communicate about our relationship."
  • "Tell me about his day."
  • "Play with our children more."
You can probably tell most of the male vs. female responses here, but on a few I bet you would be surprised, and I left those purposely ambiguous, because if anything, the point I am trying to make here is that we can all improve on something. Men, mostly crave more intimacy. This is not a surprise, but the fact of the matter is that their brains are hardwired to interpret physical connection as love, and when we women withhold that affection (I'm not just talking sex here, but hugs, kisses, etc.), they feel like they are not loved. Simple as that. Women on the other hand, tend to feel loved when their guys help take the load off of them. Some responses are repeated up there, because I wanted you to see that these were top responses, and that more than 1 or even 2 people answered this way. As you read, be thankful for the statements that are not an issue in your relationship, and perhaps key in on the things YOU (not your spouse) can do better. 

2 comments: