Thursday, August 23, 2012

Surprises!!

It will be my first hiatus since I began blogging in mid-July, but Barrett and I are going away this weekend. Since our anniversary fell on a Monday, we will be leaving Friday night to parts unknown. My sweet husband wanted to surprise me with a short trip for our one year anniversary, and I can honestly say that I have no idea what the weekend will hold, but that I am looking forward to it! He has given me a few clues over the past month. We are headed toward Central Oregon, casual dress is pretty much all that is required, we have an "interesting" dinner planned, and we have a few activities that are in opposite directions of one another. We are staying somewhere Saturday night that may or may not have a pool in its amenities. Oh, and because the activities as well as the place we are staying all involve drive time and he knows I hate being in the car too much, we will head to the "general area" and tent camp tomorrow night. Hmmm....

We had a great evening on our actual anniversary too. I decorated the bedroom with an LED rope light, streamers, red and white balloons and red and white silk petals all over the place! My parents decorated our bedroom with silk petals last year when we returned from getting married, and I kept them and added to them. I am thinking yearly tradition? Anyhow, I wore a black cocktail dress and did my hair up, and Barrett cooked us pasta, garlic bread and we had wine of course. We also had cheesecake.  I have a few pictures that I may post at some point, because the room (and the night) turned out so well!

All week long I have been working on a surprise gift of sorts for Barrett. He will get it this weekend. I gave him a few clues as well: it cost very little but took lots of time, and hopefully will be very meaningful. I would love to post the idea that I got from another blog and tweaked a bit...but it'll have to wait until he has received it!

Happy weekend...I may be on here (while in the car maybe?), I may not, but the survey is due tomorrow, and I will begin posting results next week. Thanks for reading. I can't wait to find out my surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment