Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Time Spent on You

Just finished reading my newest issue of Parenting magazine, and was appalled at a survey they had done, asking mothers how much time they spent getting their hair and makeup ready for the day. A whopping 46% said about ten minutes and 36% said enough time to put their hair in a ponytail.

Now I know I'm a bit (cough, cough) high maintenance, you know- the girl that takes makeup camping, but ladies, c'mon! When we look good, we feel good. The children will be okay if you spend 30-45 minutes (gasp!) on yourself. I promise.

2 comments:

  1. I spend about 45 minutes getting ready because I am worth it! I also spend about 3-4 hours per week working out and I don't really feel guilty about it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, spend 45 minutes to an hour from shower to finish, each day-plus about 3 hours a week exercising (and working on increasing this), and I am such a girly-girl that some of my favorite relaxation past times are self-care as well (like painting my nails, trying new make-up and taking a bubble bath!). I am just sad for the women that think their children won't be okay if they get themselves ready for the day. I know what it's like to have children, but I also know how yucky I feel when I don't care for myself first.

    ReplyDelete