Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tips and Tricks for a Good Life


Today I decided that a post on some daily tips and tricks could be a useful thing. I am often amazed the things I learn talking to friends. I hope that you can use some of these tips, and I also hope that you will contact me with your own tips and tricks that I can maybe run on this blog. For my male followers, I know beauty and hair tips probably aren't your thing, but bear with me, I also have other tips. :)

Beauty
To Look More Awake

  • Curl your eyelashes and apply 2 coats of mascara.
  • Use a highlighting color on your browbone, as well as on your lower lid just in the corner of your eyes.
  • Do not put eyeliner or mascara on your lower rim and lashes...this opens your eyes up more. 
  • Sweep on some pink blush.
  • Concealer! Use it on your undereye circles. 
  • Make sure your eyebrows look nice and tidy. I took a toothbrush and made it my eyebrow brush. Spritz it with some hairspray and brush your brows into place. 

For Your Smile

  • Obviously good oral hygiene is key, so make sure that you keep up on your dental visits.
  • For a whiter smile, swish morning and night with Hydrogen Peroxide. It is good for oral health, and is also the main ingredient in bleaching kits.
  • Drink your coffee or tea with a straw-seriously. Divert the smile-staining, yet energy-giving liquid to your back teeth.
  • Munching on apples and carrots helps to clean your teeth! So does sugarless gum.

Hair

  • For an instant pick-me up, get some well-placed highlights.
  • Change your style up. If you wear it straight all the time, mousse it and go wavy today or vice versa.
  • Unless you have very oily hair, do not shampoo everyday. This saves time and lets the healthy oil in our hair help to prevent it from getting too dry. I go every 3 days because I have super dry hair otherwise. 
  • Get dressed and put your makeup on before styling your hair. This way, your hair will be almost dry. Hair is most susceptible to damage when wet.
  • Two make at home conditioners to try-I have done the mayonnaise-works great!
    • Rub enough mayonnaise into your hair to coat it, wait up to an hour, and wash it out. You’ll be amazed at how soft and shiny your hair is, thanks to this great protein source.
    • Substitute condensed milk for your regular conditioner. The protein provides an extra-special shine.

Healthy Living

  • Exercise. I know, not a huge fan, but it is important, and it does give you energy afterward. If you are new to something, start slow. Ride that exercise bike for only 10 minute at first, then increase to 20 after a few days. Seriously-otherwise you will quit.
    • Set small goals. My own personal goal right now is to get up and ride every morning for a week without getting on my scale. Then I can weigh myself at the end and make adjustments. 
  • Set an alarm everyday! Yes, everyday. We all know that sleep is important, but oversleeping makes you feel just as awful as not getting enough sleep.  Barrett and I tried this today. Before we would sleep in on the weekends and then bemoan the fact that a good chunk of the day was gone by the time we were up an going. Set your alarm for 30-45 minutes later than your regular wake-up time, so that the weekend is still a treat, then get up, exercise, have coffee...whatever, and you'll be amazed at all you have done before you normally would have even been up yet.
  • Pre-bag your snacks. Ration out rice cakes, put cucumber slices in baggies ahead of time, and then you will have a healthy snack anytime. 

Household

  • For a quick clean-up, keep wet-wipes or cleaning wipes in each room and use them to wipe counters, toilets and other surfaces.
    • By the way, wet wipes should be in every house. They take off eye make-up, can get stains out of carpets and clothes if used right away, clean kid faces, and make you feel cleaner after you go potty ('nuff said). 
  • Toss your bath mats in the washer and dryer. The clean, fluffy mats make the whole bathroom look nicer. 
  • Take 5 minutes to clean the mirrors in your house with Windex. Again, an instant room brightener. 

Life

  • See your friends. Family is important, but make time for your friends too. 
  • Be yourself. I have a few minor health issues that to me, are little more than an inconvenience...but they can be embarrassing when I am not with my family. I get migraines, and have meds on me at all times. I have a very small, overactive bladder, so I plan stops frequently. I also get low blood sugar, and need to snack every few hours so that I don't get shaky, anxious, crabby and so that I don't pass out. :) Guess what? Your friends likely have minor health problems too, and don't mind knowing yours and sharing their's. 
  • Get a pet. Seriously. Nothing is more calming than petting your feline or canine friend, and the love is unconditional. 

That's all for now. Please give feedback. I have LOTS more tips and tricks for the house, health, living with kids, relationships and friendships, but I didn't want this to be overkill. :) Respond, tell me what you'd like to here. You don't have to post on here, you can email or FB me too (sarahbrice11@gmail.com.). Happy Living!

No comments:

Post a Comment