Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Leaves Like Snow

Today is a busy day, but it is also a quiet and reflective day. Last night, against my protests, Barrett convinced me to watch a scary movie, Christine, an old movie about a killer car. I know, I know, it really isn't very scary you are probably thinking if you have seen it. The thing is, I am SUCH a baby about scary movies. I stared at the ceiling last night for hours upon hours while Barrett snored next to me, with my head running wild with images that the movie never even showed...just described. My imagination is wild enough to fill in all the gaps, making a not that scary movie absolutely grotesque. I dozed a few times and awoke from nightmares, turned the lamp on my nightstand on (because bad things don't happen when there is light...right?) Well Max, decides then to howl and whine at the door, even though he never needs to go out at night, probably because I had the light on. I was just starting to doze, and the clock on the ceiling (ours is projected up high) says 1:00 AM. Barrett, who has become fluent in interpretation of Sarah, wakes up to a sigh (from me), and trudges out with the dog for his not-so-necessary bathroom break, even though I was wide awake, but there was no way in you know where that I was venturing outside. Afterall, my car may decide I've angered it, and it will come alive and run me down! Great husband that he is, Barrett's only complaint was a stab at logic..."the dog is awake because the light is on," and other than that, he snuggled me close all night as I tossed and turned, finally finding sleep around 1:30 or 2.

On the same note, the other night I drove back from my first time at my new book club group (I enjoyed it!), and realized it was my first time driving alone in the dark in a long time. I am a wuss. I hate dark, country roads, and always imagine being attacked and no-one being around to hear me scream (see, in the city they would at least hear me!). I imagine killers lurking in the backseat of my car, just waiting to strike, and monsters around every turn. Yeah, I am 30...and no, I have NOT outgrown this fear! :) My drive is mostly country, so the other night I finally broke down and called Barrett and told him he had to talk to me on the way home!

On my delightful 4-5 hours of sleep, I hurried to shower and dress to be down at Lane for an advising appointment that was practically worthless, but was recommended. Yes, I know the classes I need. Yes, I am planning on applying this Winter. Oh? You want me to meet with someone else next week to get the final go ahead? Yay, me. I also found it amusing that the adviser pointed out to me that I have the prereqs I would need for other programs too, like Dental Hygiene and Respiratory Therapy. No, duh!!! I wanted to scream, but it has made me again think about perhaps applying to other programs too...Oh, and I loved the fact that he actually said out loud "there are easier schools to get into than ours." Thanks for the vote of confidence. My grades are actually pretty great...give or take a few B's here and there. Maybe later today I will examine other possibilities as what-ifs.

Now it is almost time for the next few activities in my busy day, lunch with my friend Candi, pest company visit to our home (yay!!!), picking up Matt from school early and getting him to Heidi for dentist appointment, and then later after B gets off work, back up to Albany for trick-or-treating with my boys, my ex, Heidi, and her daughter. 

It did occur to me again today that Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I found myself giggling out loud as I drove through the rain and wind, making leaves flutter to the ground as if snowflakes...so gorgeous!  Then again, giggling to oneself also could be a symptom of sleep deprivation! Happy Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. A productive morning on 5 hours sleep! Lol. I love you, can't wait to stay out late and get soaking wet for candy. ;)

    ReplyDelete