Monday, October 21, 2013

October Thanksgivings List

I love this time of year, I always have. The fall makes me feel alive and thoughtful, the colors in nature inspire me, and the weather that is turning brisk makes me long for cuddly family time. I read an article in Good Housekeeping the other night that said the act of writing out our blessings is a mood altering habit. It can take us from feeling blah about life to truly reveling in the life that we live. I tried that this morning, and I have to say that I agree. I took a simple notepad and pen, and titled the slip Things I am Thankful for This Month. I wanted to be super specific, and not just have it be about fall, but maybe take up a habit that could continue month-to-month. My list is below. What are some things you are thankful for in October? Perhaps you too, should make a list. 

  • pumpkin fields-entire fields of orange make me smile. 
  • anything pumpkin flavored: pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin muffins...
  • colorful, falling leaves
  • my crock-pot that allows me to make cozy, family dinners effortlessly (and the whole house smells good!)
  • parent/teacher conferences-I get to see how my sons have been doing in school so far
  • happily sleeping cat, kitten, and dog co-existing
  • warm, fuzzy blankets
  • end of soccer season (I love soccer, but I love the down-time coming soon too!)
  • Christmas shopping for loved ones
  • Barrett's ability and willingness to pick up extra shifts to make the holidays a bit less financially scary!
  • my kids in soft, snuggly PJs
  • Boot and scarf weather-"nuff said
  • windy, foggy, and rainy days-I love the weather changes
  • warm teas, lattes and ciders
  • corn mazes
  • vacations on the horizon (my b-day in January and B's in February means we always go somewhere, plus by this time of year we have usually booked a couple getaway and a family trip to look forward to)




No comments:

Post a Comment