Friday, August 17, 2012

I Wish I Could Say Otherwise

Total confession here -I hate exercise. I am up early this morning and on my exercise bike as I write. You'd think that may make it more bearable-but only marginally. I envy people who make it look like no big deal and those that like it. My question is how? How do I get myself to like being sweaty and wanting a shower? I know the benefits of exercising and that I should be doing it everyday. This is why I'm on the stupid bike when I could be in my warm bed, or lets face it, just about anywhere else. Tried going to classes at a gym, but the gym feels as icky and foreign to me as a fish in the dessert!How do you do it? Is there some secret to fun I've missed? Do tell, because I want to like it-I really do.

5 comments:

  1. Classic conversation this morning, following the blog post. Sarah's in the shower, yelling for her toothbrush. I go downstairs and give it to her, and she says she hates exercise, how can people stand feeling icky and disgusting.
    Sarah: "The endorphins... they'll kick in soon, won't they??"
    Me: "I'm sure they will, sweetie..."
    Sarah: "How can they like it? It's so disgusting!"
    Me: "I dunno, I kinda like the way it makes me feel-"
    Sarah: "Get away from me!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was a bit crabby this morning...:) sorry. lol

      Delete
  2. I don't really like the icky, sweaty part, but I LOVE feeling strong, and being able to do things physically that I didn't think possible. I like the good sore feeling after I work out particularly hard... idk. I also enjoy the boost in energy that I get throughout the day after I work out. I admit, I am kind of addicted to it, now. =)You should come do the Yoga/Pilates class with me at Wow... you don't get super sweaty or icky, but it feels great and works out everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say going for a long slow run is way better and you dont feel quite as disgusting as using the gym or laying on the nasty moldy grass as we do for pt every morning. As for how can they like it, some people are just born athletes and enjoy exercise because its easy for them, quite unlike me. That endorphin high after exercising makes it all worth it in the end though:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH I liked to run, lol-good for you! :) But I agree that I do like the endorphins.

    ReplyDelete