Monday, August 19, 2013

Bedpans and a Spot of Tea? I guess I am back, and here's why...

So, I guess I am back.

That was actually a shorter absence than I had planned. It was only a month and 10 days, and yes-I do know that. Here's what I have learned in that time: my boys absolutely amaze me, and we can have fun together. That being said, this gal also needs some things that are just mine. When I began this blog, it was to write about my journey as a woman in her thirties making a major career change and what it would be like. While that is still a major topic, this blog has become my journal of sorts. On this blog I have ranted and raved, sobbed and laughed hysterically, and I have thought...a lot! It is my baby, and much like any other blogger I imagine, I read previous posts and either love them or cringe that I shared what I did, or that my writing style was lacking. Oh well. I decided to come back because I don't care if it gets read (I love that you DO read, don't get me wrong), but I care about writing it. It is enjoyable to me. It helps me see life more clearly.

I changed a few minor things on my blog, but decided not to make any big changes. I was going to completely start over, have a new name, new site, etc, and Barrett says why? It's yours, do what you want with it. I said to him that I was no longer working with cadavers, and I can't have coffee anymore except for rare treats (gasp!!! I know...right?), so that makes the name kind of not work. I do love coffee though (sigh) and cadavers are way cool. He told me it still works though, and laughed at my feeble attempt at a re-name to Bedpans and a Spot of Tea (yeah, I drink tea now, like I'm British...:) Okay, I know lots of people drink tea, but I joke about it!). I thought that was a cool name! But what do I know?

So, I am here and I am back. You can read all about whatever floats my boat on here everyday or every few days when things get hectic. I begin CNA classes in September, apply to the nursing program this winter, go through CNA Level 2 this winter, and hopefully get a part time job after Christmas. If I get into the RN program the first time it will start next fall, and if I don't I will keep on trucking baby!I am excited. The program I am in does part of our clinicals down at Riverbend Hospital in Springfield. You can also read about my family, Barrett and his possible work changes to come, Matthew in swim league, soccer and starting second grade, Isaiah in soccer and starting kindergarten (!!!), and our new sharers of the property, Grandma Joyce and Grandpa Jim (B's grandparents) who are moving up this Thursday (EEEK!!!-but a good eek!). You can read of our once again relationship with Weight Watchers (and how we manage without starving. Or cutting anyone come to think of it!), Max the Wonder Dog, the huge home addition, my thoughts on scrubs (LOVE them), travel, and anything else. And I am sure I will have some excellent stories to tell of both school and work when I get  that far.

I look forward to sharing of myself once again, and I have missed your interactions with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment