Thursday, January 31, 2013

If You Want to Hear God Laugh

Do you ever have one of those days where the free time is actually abundant, but your brain can't seem to focus on a darn thing? You know it's bad when nothing on Facebook or Pinterest interests you, there's a new novel on the table at arm's reach, and the floor could really use a good sweep. Instead you (or I actually) sit there and just zone out. It must be a sign of a tired mind. Barrett tossed and turned like nobody's business last night, leaving both of us zombies today. I am in fancy yoga pants and a tank (maybe I'll actually exercise later, right?) feeling completely and utterly useless today. I did have a burst of energy earlier this morning, and got us packed for this weekend, a load of laundry put away, and the kitchen cleaned.

So, I subbed first graders on Tuesday. They were kind of scary, lol. Oh wait, let me put my appropriate filter into place- they were very energetic. FULL of energy, let me tell you. That was the hardest half day of work I have ever had. Was it possible? Yes. Was I exhausted? Ummm...YEAH. I get all settled in my mind thinking I will just enjoy being a stay-at-home-mom until the Fall, and you know what? I told God that plan and He apparently thought that was funny. I am working all of next week, subbing third grade three days and second one. I even had to turn down two sub jobs because I am already subbing. While happy for the business, I am anxious as ever. It took every ounce of my energy to keep the first grade class under control, and sometimes I felt I was losing that battle. I have no doubt that their regular teacher is wonderful, as I know the family, BUT the class was a bit tough for me. Maybe it was the grade? I sure hope it wasn't me.I can tell you one thing-getting to leave at the end of the day and not having to take anything home is amazing. Maybe I will get the Spotted Cow Flu and be sick all next week. Just kidding?...

On a brighter note, my interview went fantastic to get into the counseling program at Northwest Christian University. At least I think so. I got a lot of nodding and smiling, so I think it went well. I sure felt like it did. I especially enjoyed the part where after I was interviewed by two people for 40 minutes I get told it was time for the writing prompt. "Oh, did we tell you there would be a writing portion?" the interviewing woman asks me. NO-I think, but I was not nervous at all, thankfully I like writing-so I think that portion was A-OK as well.

Barrett turns 30 next week. For one month and one week every year I am 2 years older than him, then he catches up and is just one behind! I booked us a night at a great hotel on the Oregon coast with a fireplace. I also booked a couple's massage at the nearby spa, and we are having dinner at this great restaurant. I am excited, and I am hoping it is a nice break for us both-him at the end of a long week (they have been very busy this week) and me right before one.
Ah-thank you to grandparents and shared custody. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment