Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Where Unicorns go to Frolic

Today I found out a few really unlikable things about the program I am supposed to be starting in August. I keep praying to God that he just slams shut the doors of anything that is not where I am supposed to be, and I felt this one being forced shut today. I will share why at some other point, but for now you can suffice it to say that I am probably not supposed to be there. I was driving to get Isaiah from visiting with my dad, when I got some of this news via email, and I pulled over (yes, I actually did!) to read it. I held back the tears and took a deep breath, and then, just then my beloved iPhone buzzed again with a new email. A place I had applied to this very morning for a position was extending an interview for this week. Wow. Okay God, is this another door that will slam shut or a wide-open walk to places I have never been?


 I won't divulge much info. yet, because yes, even I like to keep some things private for a bit. I just have to say that I have been Grade A, 100% spoiled when it has come to my short teaching career. I have spent two years in a charter school and two in a private school. This means a few things: typically some more autonomy with curriculum in your classroom, super-involved parents, and really great, achieving kids. The place I am to interview at is almost unbelievable as I research it. I have heard of it, yes...but they have not had any positions in awhile.  It is like where unicorns go to frolic and play under rainbows. What both schools I taught at had in common was very small budgets for both teacher salaries and classroom supplies, field trips, materials for science experiments, etc. You get the drift. This is not the case by any means here.  I am almost scared by the sheer awesomeness of this school and the appearance of teaching with no holds barred. But...I am also wary. Sometimes things are too good to be true. Hence the secrecy in parts. For now, here is to acing a job interview, so that I can see if this place really exists in the real world. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment