Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sick...Again.

Sick, sick, sick...I am sick of being sick. Matt has had a cold for over a week, and Barrett had it as well, and I thought My rock-star immune system is keeping me well. Then it hit like a mac truck with no real warning yesterday afternoon. I sneezed, and then all of a sudden had the runny nose that could not be sated...you know the one that you blow over and over and over again, until your nostrils are red and chapped? Yep. Then came the sore throat, and the awful congestion. The runny nose clogged up as if to let me know that yes indeed, it had an even more obnoxious trick up its sleeve, the now you can breathe, now you can't routine. It was date night, and a much needed one at that. I know that not everyone gets breaks from being a parent, but we do in our routine and we were pretty content to hand them off and enjoy dinner and a movie. So, probably from all the caffeine I ingested because I felt like crap, I had to get up and pee 4 (FOUR!!!!) times during the movie I had wanted to see for the past month. At least it gave me a chance to blow my nose. Barrett asked if I even wanted to go out to dinner, since my symptoms had come from nowhere and seemed pretty bad (pretty sure I had a fever last night too). But I had saved ALL of my Weight Watchers Bonus Points to go eat the first meal that I felt was normal in 2 WHOLE weeks. I was not about to pass that up. One meal of not starving and fantasizing about bread, fettuccine  cheesecake and whatever else has become my mortal enemy. We opted for Mexican where I was able to enjoy the spiciness that temporarily meant I could taste things.

When we got home, I reached for the Nyquil. I know, that's twice in 2 weeks, but this time it was more than called for. And guess what?? It did NOTHING. I wiggled and squirmed, gulping air through my mouth all night. So today? Today I am low energy. (You think?). Today I watched Mean Girls in my pajamas, and partially blow dried my hair (just so I wouldn't be cold), and here I sit on the couch, nostrils plugged again, pressure in my head and ears. Barrett is trying so hard to be accommodating  but I know he is bored. Go, I want to tell him. Go play. It's sunny outside and I am going to sit here and dream of a sinus transplant that will allow me to breathe freely again, worry about how to entertain my 4 year-old tomorrow, and pray that the sickness will not last past this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment