Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shameless Self-Promotion & How You Can Help

While I will not become annoying and do this all the time, or hopefully ever again...I have to promote my latest venture just once on my blog. I have created a page on FaceBook for young adults called Awkward Silence. It is my hopes that this page will be a place where I can offer advice, answer questions, and lead discussions on the things that teens and even newly marrieds deal with. This is something that has been on my heart since before I even left teaching (I truly have such a love and affinity for teens), but I was so nervous to even give it a try. It's kind of like hosting a party and having few guests show up, you know? If you are a teen or in your early 20's and read me here, or are the parent or friend of someone in that age group, please refer them to my page https://www.facebook.com/awkwardsilencenolonger. You can also help by checking it out yourself and just "liking" it, as I gain more insight on my viewers once I hit a certain # of likes. I am encouraging young adults to email me or even text me questions so that I may highlight them on there. I decided to go with the FaceBook page format because I am hoping it will lend my young readers more interaction than having to visit a blog.

Awkward Silence was created because I feel that young adults need a place to go and talk about the tough issues in life. Sometimes these issues are awkward, even to speak to a parent or close friend about...which is why I will bring them to light and provide a forum for discussion and hopefully learning about these things. Cadavers and Coffee will continue as usual, with this being my personal outlet and blog, and that really being my cause.  Please read the first few posts in Awkward Silence, and tell me what you think.

Also, if you have a story from being a teen (even if that was a long time ago!) that you think could benefit others, I would love for YOU to email me. I want to have a weekly feature from adults who have been there and done that, so to speak. 

Thank you for your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment