Monday, March 4, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Ah, I finally get to write again! Life never does really slow down, does it? Friday evening I returned home from Camarillo. It was a long week of packing, painting, cooking and visiting. We did enjoy many conversations with Grandma and Grandpa, beautiful weather (seventies!), a trip to Santa Barbara, swimming, and a visit to the local gorgeously exquisite new library (it was massive and like entering a castle...complete with a "ship wreck" among shelves in the children's area!). I was definitely ready to come home though. For those of you that hate sappiness, quick...look away! I missed Barrett so much it literally hurt. The first night I was in tears, and I have to admit I cried almost every day (in private of course!). When your husband is your best friend and companion, being away is really hard. I have always had so much respect for those women who have husbands away in the military. I couldn't do it. Barrett had a rough time too, saying he hardly slept the whole week-making him a zombie at work. We both agreed that though this was necessary, it will never happen again that one of us travels without the other, not as long as we can help it!

I feel like I helped to get a ton done (as well as returning with a nice tan!), and Matthew indeed got some needed time with mom, but I am so glad to be home. I am glad to be back to playing with Isaiah, cleaning my own home (lol!), cooking for my hubby and kids, soccer schedules, and applying for financial aid. It may be mundane stuff, but it's comfortable and it's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment