Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spread Eagle Shower Yoga? Life is Never Dull!

I am pretty sure that I am the only person in the entire world that was doing exactly what I was doing the last 25 minutes. So...disclaimer, is that my now 5 year-old loves to take baths. Brilliant mommy that I am has come up with some clever ways to extend the bathtub playtime, as it gives me time to blog or check email, or sign boys up for activities, you get my drift. Not long ago I read a brilliant blog post from a mom of young-ins detailing how to make bathtub spray paint to color the bubbles in a bubble bath. Awesome! I bought three spray bottles from the dollar store, and some food coloring. Isaiah had tried them out once before, and he had pretty, colorful bubbles and loads of fun. 

This morning? Well, this morning my sweet, sweet child called mommy in to see his "artwork".  I open the shower curtain, and the tub is a murky mix of colors, the bubbles are all gone, and the walls and our bathroom ceiling (yes, ceiling!) are sprayed lovely shades of green, red and yellow. There is food coloring/water mixture everywhere the eye can see, and it is dripping in rainbows on the floor, into the tub and on the bath mat! Wow. God is laughing at me this morning, having a grand old chuckle I am sure! My only saving grace is that I somehow can have patience at the strangest of times (and little at others unfortunately), and I forced a smile, told Isaiah to wash up, and tell me when he was out so I could clean up. 

Poor little guy knew I wasn't happy, but as I was cleaning came in to tell me "I love you Mommy." Not once did I yell, and I only barely lectured that we are to keep the spray in the tub, and not on the ceiling. My darling child (and yes I am dripping with sarcasm at the moment) explained that once he got some on the ceiling on "accident" that he attempted to empty the other spray bottles to shoot the spray off the ceiling, but they still had food coloring in them. I am trying not to give in to hysterical fits of laughter. When I got up this morning, I dressed in workout clothes so I could do Pilates at some point today. Little did I know I would spend almost 30 minutes with legs spread wide, perched on either side of the tub in the splits and washcloth above my head as I meticulously and ever so slowly wiped colored water off my ceiling. Perhaps I have created a few new yoga poses this morning? Standing en point with karate kid wax on/wax off motions, and balancing ever so carefully to allow my short self to even reach the ceiling while praying I don't fall into the wet, slimy tub. Now, you can laugh at my expense...I will even help. Just imagine me precariously balanced while scrubbing bright color splotches off the ceiling. 

Good times. I think I may have most of your mornings beat today with the originality that occurred in my household. I should have taken pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering, "Where are the pictures!" when I was reading this. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I think I was too focused on keeping calm. lol.

      Delete