Wednesday, May 29, 2013

This Is It!

Twelve days ago I interviewed for the chance to become a teacher at the local school. There are 4 spots open, and I am qualified for each, but 110 people applied and only 20 interviews were even granted. It will be announced at some point this week (as early as yesterday) if I am still in the running. I figure I will hear today  if it is good news and not until Friday if it is not (as the pool will be narrowed down again for a quick meeting with the superintendent before Friday, and then the final selection made). I tell myself that I have already made it further than 90 applicants that didn't even get interviews, and that I only have to be better than 17 other interviewees for a position. My heart has been ALL over the place about whether or not I even want to teach, and my prayers have been frequent and fervent, tirelessly asking God that I just get the opportunity to do what it is I should do, promising I will no longer doubt or argue.

I am on edge today again, my stomach tied in knots, hoping for a call, or not...hoping for a path to follow. Plan A has me teaching again, and plan B has me entering counseling school to become a school counselor (a great program I have already been accepted to), but also (and as a back-up) a licensed professional counselor.  If you had asked me a week ago which one I wanted, I would have said B, hands down. That I was a good teacher, but I felt compelled to do something else and to further help people. The last few days though I have been hoping to have the opportunity to teach again. I know that I can apply elsewhere, but this is the place I'd want to work if I did teach again because of how close it is to home (15 minutes if that). 
OR

By Friday for sure I will know which path I am on, or maybe God will present a path C (that'd be just like Him, right?) that I am unaware of even now as I write. I know that I can do either, accept either at this point, but a month ago when I first heard about this job, Barrett and I (and TONS of prayer) decided that THIS would be it, the deciding factor. Sometimes a person needs that desperately, that cut-off point to stop doubting everything and just start living. I am so thankful to my sweet husband that has believed in and supported any future that just involves me, no matter what I do. I know at times our desires for stuff have gotten in the way as we planned for the future things we want (RV, boat, international travel..., lol). 

Friday is only two days yet a lifetime away from now. Please keep us in your prayers as we wait for the call (or lack of one) that will determine things for our family. 


1 comment:

  1. Will be thinking of you, Sarah.
    Love,
    Aunt Susie

    ReplyDelete