Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy Place Found

Right now, at this very moment I am in my happy place. Ever feel that way? Everything is just the way you want it to be or pretty darn close? This afternoon I feel reflective, so much better than I have felt the past few days. My tailbone is healing and I am beginning to feel normal, but it is so much more than that. Right now I have banana bread muffins in the oven, and the house smells delicious. I have two boys that I am SO proud to call my sons that make me laugh, cry and everything in between. I am just amazed at how far they have both come, how resilient they both are, and how just plain AWESOME they are. I am preparing spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner, and Barrett and I have finally found a Moscato worth talking about again that we can share a leisurely glass of. Though my love is still at the office, I know that at 5:30 he will be in my arms, and we will have the rest of the night together. The dog lays at my feet as I cook and the cat curled on the couch, and the rain pouring down outside. This is happiness. 

I am not sure what tomorrow will bring, or next month, or next year, but if I could I would bottle this feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment