Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Bucket List Accomplished...and the Anti-Bucket List :)

I also had to write to be thankful for the things that were (or should have been) on my bucket list that I have gotten to experience that are totally bucket list worthy. I encourage you to do this as well so that you can see how far you have come.

Things I have done that are bucket list worthy: 

  • watched the Perseid Meteor shower with my love
  • kayaked in the ocean in Cozumel
  • snorkeled (Maui, Cancun, and Cozumel)
  • hiked to a waterfall and swam underneath
  • kissed in the pouring rain
  • kissed in the falling snow
  • snow-sledding with myh kids
  • had children (thought I never wanted any...boy how I was wrong!)
  • married my best friend
  • shared romantic moments on the beach
  • watched fireworks from a high-rise hotel room in Seattle
  • Earned a college degree (or two)
  • night swimming
  • adopted (many) pets
  • owned a boat (and would love to again someday!)
  • visited Chichen Itza (Mayan ruins, Mexico)
  • Ridden a "death cab" through Mexico (anyone who has been there and ridden in a taxi there knows what I mean!)
  • Gotten lost on a city bus (Provo, Utah...remember this, Jill?)
  • Have my own egg-laying chickens (ha ha! But it is pretty cool)
  • Take care of a dying person and family in need
  • minister to pregnant women
  • tutor students who were falling behind
  • create a home
  • ride a jetski
  • swim with (and hold) stingrays
  • pet a baby leopard
  • get a tattoo
  • go to a concert
  • sampled escargot
And just for giggles, I have to share my Anti-Bucket List of things I never want to do...ever. 
  • Run a marathon. (I know lots of people who like doing this and I applaud them. Me? Not my idea of fun...at all.)
  • travel to the Middle East for Women's Studies
  • Study poisonous spiders
  • substitute teach (except maybe, maybe for my mom's class...and again I know people that like this-more power to ya!)
  • become a mathematician 
  • have twins (just the idea of 2 infants gives me the willies!)
  • give up caffeine, cheese or garlic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment