Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Who Reviews Beauty Products and Forgets Lipstick?! Apparently Me...

I was looking back over my post from yesterday and realized that I forgot to talk about lipstick!! I did not leave it out on purpose, because I do wear it. If there are any products I LOVE to play around with, it is eye-shadow, nail polish and, you guessed it, lipstick! I tend to wear peachy corals in the summer, but ever since I discovered red lipstick a few years ago, it is my favorite! Below are some options for both. I am also a Chapstick junkie, and keep multiple "flavors" in my purse, though my favorite is peppermint Chapstick brand chapstick, with the cute candy-cane wrapper.

Here are some of my favorites, as well as a few pictures that show me wearing other products I mentioned (please ignore my wrinkles...oh, and the bruise across my nose).


  • Cover Girl Blast Flipstick in Smooch- ($7.98) Great price for a brick red on one end and a salmony color on the other. I wear them each separate, or layered together. I also use the lighter color to mix over some of my other darker reds to tone them down.
  • Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout-($8.90) This is indeed a "standout" red. I like that it is a big lip crayon, and goes on as smooth as Chapstick.
  • Mary Kay (Sweet Nectar) Creme Lipstick-($15)-A pale coral with some shimmer, perfect with tanned skin and a sundress for summer!
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Adore ($6.48)-This is a red balm, lip crayon, that goes on smooth and sheer. It is my everyday color, and it is buildable for darker red. I tend to wear just as a light stain.
  • Tarte LipSurgence Lip Creme (Set of 4 for $59). I have this set, and I use ALL of the colors. My favorite though, is Wonder, a pinkish salmon, and you can get it alone for about $17.
    Curly Sexy Hair Curling Creme
    This is my new Julep polish in Harriet.



I am wearing the Tarte foundation and blush, Cover Girl Concealer, Mary Kay Translucent Powder, Mary Kay Bronzer, Bare Minerals In Hyacinth, Tarte eyeliner in Fig, Lights! Camera! Lashes! Tarte Mascara, and Tarte Wonder LipSurgence Lip Creme.

A better look at Hyacinth shadow and Fig liner. This is just one coat of mascara. 

No comments:

Post a Comment