Saturday, September 21, 2013

Weight Watchers Update

For those who are following my trek with Weight Watchers, or who have their own weight loss journey, just  thought I would add a quick update. In 5 weeks I have lost 9 lbs total, which is not a HUGE amount, but I am losing slowly but surely. I am down one size from a size 8 to a size 6 in pants and dresses (Yay!!!). I was a size 2/4 before...3 years ago before I began gaining. I am  not sure if I will get there! 

I have lost inches as well:
Hips: -2.5 inches

Arms: -0.5 inches
Waist: -4.5 inches This is what I am most pleased with!!
Bust: -3 inches
Thigh: -1.5 inches

It has been SLOW going the last 2 weeks. I have managed to only lose about a 1/2 pound per week, but Weight Watchers states 1/2 a pound-2 lbs per week is healthy (maintainable) weight loss. I hit a plateau that lasted about a week and was so disappointed. What finally helped (I think) was eating more. I had not been using all my daily points (which may have helped jump-start my loss), but then I was hungry all the time. I am now eating all my daily points, though I only use about half the weekly bonus points. 

Feeling good about my journey so far. I have come to like some healthy things believe it or not. One of my favorite snacks is vanilla almond milk and Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal. Hope all of you are doing well!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! We can definitely do this! :) I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete