Monday, November 11, 2013

Of Cubicles and Classrooms...

With today being a holiday, I am trying to not be quite so anxious. It is a waiting game, and I have a definite liking problem with waiting. I tend to be more of a "good things come to those who hunt them down" kind of a person than "good things come to those who wait." Just sayin'. 

About 2 weeks ago I decided that I needed a job. Isaiah has adjusted surprisingly well to kindergarten, and I have to wait until February to apply to the RN program which if I got in (BIG if) doesn't start until next Fall-as in a year away. This girl has moments she loves being at home, and moments that she's so stir-crazy she'd happily come clean and organize YOUR home (because this one is done), lol. So I set out to find a job. I got hired the same day for an in-home healthcare company, and I took it, as a CNA 1, but....I wasn't given any hours at first, and then I began applying to other things. I have heard good and bad about the company itself, so technically I am an employee that has so far only been paid for orientation. I have told them I will come in end of this week (if nothing else pans out). See, I set the hours I wanted to work, and there weren't many clients within those needs, so I'd be getting like 10 hours a week. 

I applied and interviewed for an Account Analyst position with Samaritan corporate offices in Corvallis. It is similar to work I had done in the past at the dental office. It is pretty good hours, full-time, better pay than a CNA, and the interview seemed to go pretty well. I find out about that job this week sometime. 

I also applied and interviewed for a teaching position in Sweet Home, that is great hours, even better pay, and 4 days a week! The interview went very well, and I should hear by this Wednesday or Thursday (I am hoping for tomorrow though). The position is in Alternative Education, and is as a teacher/tutor to students that are making up credits. There is a cute little classroom with attached office and bathroom, and I can just FEEL the potential! I want this job the most, but I am unsure if it will leave me wanting to stay in education again (??) or not. 

My last plan is that I am scheduled to be in the CNA 2 class in December, something I obviously won't do if hired at either job, but something I will do if not. Then I can apply to hospital CNA jobs after December, and gain great experience. I hate not knowing, but all plans are pretty feasible, so wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment